The chemical composition of Inconel625:
Inconel625 physical properties:
Inconel625 minimum values on the mechanical properties at room temperature:
|The yield strength
The alloy has the following features:
1. It has very good corrosion resistance performance in any kinds of oxidation or reducing environment
2. Good pitting corrosion ability and crevice corrosion resistance ability, no chloride stress corrosion cracking
3. Excellent corrosion resistant to inorganic acid, such as nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, mixed acid of sulphuric acid and hydrochloric acid, etc
4. Excellent corrosion resistance to a variety of inorganic acid mixed solution
5. good corrosion resistance capability to various concentrations of hydrochloric acid solution with temperature up to 40℃
6. Good processability and weldability, no crack sensitivity after welding
7. Certification of pressure vessel manufacturing of wall temperature in -196 ~ 450℃
8. The highest standards of ranks VII in acidic gas environment certified by the American Association of Corrosion Engineers NACE (MR - 01-75).
The metallographic structure of Inconel 625:
625 is face-centered cubic lattice structure. When soaking for a peried enough at 650℃, carbon particles will precipitates and unstable quaternary phase will be converted to stable Ni3 (Nb, Ti) orthorhombic lattice phase. By solution strengthening of molybdenum and niobium, nickel chromium matrix will improve the mechanical performance, but reduce the plastic perfprmance.
The corrosion resistance of Inconel 625:
625 alloy in many medium shows excellent corrosion resistance capability. It has excellent resistance to pitting corrosion, crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion In chloride medium as well as good corrosion resistance to inorganic acid, such as nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid. It also possesses good corrosion performance in organic acid both in the oxidation and reducing environment. It almost do not develop corrosion In sea water and industrial gases and has high corrosion resistance to sea water and salt solution even at high temperature. There is no sensitivity during the welding process. It has carbide and oxidation resistance ab lity In a static or circulation environment and corrosion resistance to chlorine gas.
Application fields Inconel 625:
Alloy 625 with low-carbon is widely used in chemical industries, good corrosion resistance after annealing and high strength make it can be used as the structure of the thinner parts. 625 alloy can be applied in the occasion of sea water contact and high mechanical stress. Typical applications:
1. Components containing chlorinated organic in chemical process, especially in the application of acid chloride catalyst.
2. Digester and bleaching pool in pulp and paper industry.
3. Absorption tower, reheater, gas imports baffle, fan (wet), mixer, guide plate in flue gas desulfurization industry.
4. Components and parts in acidic gas environment
5. Reaction generator for acetic acid and acetic anhydride
6. Sulfuric acid condenser